Work continues on my UFO projects. I have now completed 7 of 8 BOM segments of the yellow and green Marti Mitchell quilt.. It is due to be finished in September. Wooohooooo. And another one will bite the dust. The sad thing is I bought 2 of those back in the day when I had a different house and had planned on putting them on guest beds side by side in the basement. No longer have that house and no basement. Oh well. Moving on.
I have a friend who was adopted by a doxie. She saw a quilt posted on Facebook of a doxie and wanted it. She purchased the pattern and I volunteered to make it for her. I had a vision in my head of how the expand the wallhanging into a throw size quilt. I used my scraps from my A Boy and Girl quilt and then purchased three jelly rolla of Kaffe Fassett. I decided on a rail fence design to surround the applique. I had only pictured it in my head and was hopeful that once executed it would look like what I had envisioned. I am pleased to announce I am NOT disappointed with the end result. It is just as I hoped it would look. I finished the top today and here it is:
Now to quilt it. I hope she likes it. I had been showing her progress reports but now (I hope she doesn’t follow my blog) I am going to wait until it’s finished for a full reveal.
I have also completed Sections 1, 2 & 3 of Jen Kingwell’s Long Time Gone. This is so much fun to work on.
I am also a glutton for punishment. I signed up for Kerry’s (Simple Bird Applique) BOM of Sue Garman’s Bed of Roses. I didn’t sign up 2 years ago, I had way too many projects going at that time. Well, nothing has changed, I still have too many projects going, but I succumbed and signed up. I am NOT sorry. I negotiated with my self in order to squeeze it in, I can only work on it during my lunch hour at work. Well, that didn’t last long….. LOL.. Here is month 1 prepped. Have month 2 and Month 3 is about to be sent in the mail. Gotta get cracking. On the corner blocks I opted for regular applique instead of reverse as I liked the 3 D look of the layering on top. I have done reverse many times but for some reason I liked placing the yellow on top.
Now that’s a lot of tiny circles. I did get those done on my lunch hour.
Fall will be here soon and I will need to bring the house plants back inside. I needed to re-pot my Shamrocks. I wanted them to have settled into their new pot before I bring them back in. They seem happy with the roomier space and I have to admit I much prefer a clay pot to plastic.
Now that I am caught back up with projects. I will return to the border work for A Boy and A Girl. I have the left border prepped. I will start on the top one next. I think I’ll work clockwise. I am so predictable . That’s okay, I am making progress. My goal is to have it completed by January. Fingers crossed.
Happy Sewing Everyone