one more UFO done. 🙂 Lists work! If it’s on the list, it gets done. I know I’m a geek but it works for me.
This was a BOM that I purchased around 2001/2002. It’s a Marti Mitchell design. This photo is terrible. It is mostly yellow and green with a little blue and dark magenta thrown in for balance. The kit did not include the binding. I will be taking a swatch of the outside border with me to the quilt shop to see if I can find something to match it and look for considerations for backings. There was no room for error in this BOM. You got exactly the amount of fabric that you needed, no more, no less. Personally, I need that fudge factor. I am an early morning sewing room person and sometimes my coffee has not finished filling my veins with go juice when (silly me) attempts cutting. So, I admit, I do from time to time make colossal cutting mistakes. After I had completed the first month I noticed right away there was NO extra fabric. Sometimes that jinxes me. But I made it through this one only by being very careful with my cutting. Now the search is on for backing fabric and binding fabric. Then off to Vicky it goes for quilting. Can’t decide who is going to be getting this one.
I have now chosen the next UFO to tackle. It is called Cat Nap and it is a pattern that was published in Quiltmaker Magazine May/June ’02 issue. It’s a baby quilt and hopefully won’t take too long to finish. This one I will quilt myself.
Now that my September list is all caught up I am ready to start on one of the borders for my A Boy and A Girl Quilt. I think I will work on the right hand side. I have given myself 2 weeks to get it prepped. Woohooo. No pressure.
I have been staying on top of Jen Kingwell’s Long Time Gone and have completed all 7 months of that BOM. Anxiously awaiting # 8.
I have prepped months 1 & 2 of Sue Garman’s Bed of Roses. I work on the hand applique on my lunch time so maybe this one will be completed in a year. It is nicely portable. Just one block already prepped and matching thread doesn’t take up much room in the tote.
I have discovered 60 weight cotton embroidery thread. It is as nice as silk thread to work with and slides through the fabric like butter. And to top it off it blends in beautifully and becomes invisible. Now it doesn’t get any better than that.
I have just received Month 3 but it is not on the calendar to prep until October. Besides, I am still doing the handwork on Month 1. Wouldn’t dream of getting ahead of myself.
Happy Stitches Everyone