Now that I have delivered my appliqued quilt top (known as THE quilt) to my wonderful quilter, Vickie Clancy, we have decided the backing I originally purchased just simply does not work well with the quilt and the style of quilting that will be done it. So, I had to order a new backing. This time I ordered a Kaffe Fassett backing. This should work well since the front of the quilt is appliqued in all Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Fingers crossed!!!
Big shout out to my quilter, Vickie Clancy. A quilt she quilted has been accepted into the AQS Paducah Spring Quilt Show. Congrats Vickie.
Now, that THE quilt top is finished I can focus on other projects. My list this year is
- Long Time Gone by Jen Kingwell
- Block of the Month 2017 batik
- Block of the Month 2017 red, white & blue
- 3 quilt tops for Marilyn.
That should keep me busy this year. I’m sure, I’ll find an applique project to squeeze in at some point. It is in my blood and my passion. Simply can’t help it.
So I just completed Section 5 of 6 of Long Time Gone by Jen Kingwell. I have had so much fun working on this quilt. I have even used some of my scraps from A Boy and A Girl.
I am even planning on quilting this one by myself. It will be a twin size when finished. I think I can handle that on my Bernina. I mean, the reason I had to have this Bernina machine was to learn to machine quilt myself. I kinda think I might try a Baptist Fan pattern. I watched a You Tube video on it and think I can manage that design without too much frustration. Even better is that the backing I purchased for THE quilt that did not work out, well, it actually works great with this one. Who knew. I was probably thinking about this one when I ordered it.
Quilting – so I read an article about short arm quilting, and needles, etc. While at Joann’s scooping up some half price batting and notions, I purchased some Topstitching needles 90/14 and light gray quilting thread. Going to give them a try. Got A Circle Cut Ruler to mark my fan arcs. I just have to finish the top. But in the meantime, I cut 20″ squares for practicing my quilting and they are ready for me to attach my BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator). Good to Go.
Happy Stitches Everyone