December To Do List
- Put Binding on Quackers (completed 11/26)
- Put binding on Row by Row (completed 11-29)
- Sew Backing for Autumn Joy & prepare binding (completed 11-29)
- Sew 2 months of Story tellers BOM (completed 11-30)
- Set together Saturday Sampler 2015 (working on today)
- Purchase more basting glue
- Purchase 2016 Saturday Sampler 1st block
- Sew backing for Bear Hollow and prepare binding
- Start Princess Quilt
- Cut background fabric for A Boy & A Girl
- CLEAN SEWING ROOM!
Wow already at # 5 on list. Clipping right along. I am on vacation today and tomorrow so I am hopeful of having my list completed by Monday 12/7. So instead of starting Princess Quilt I will be able to get it completed this month. That will be wonderful.
Today I am working on the 2015 Saturday Sampler from our local quilt shop. How it works is you purchase month 1 block in December and then show up in Jan the 1st saturday of the month show your completed block and get the second block pattern and fabrics no charge. Of course you have to purchase the background fabric, and the setting pattern and the fabrics for the setting and perhaps a special ruler sometime during the year, but at the end of the year you have a delightful sampler quilt. The best part is you get to spend an hour once a month with people who enjoy your same interests, make new friends and see old friends. It’s a win win!
I have been sewing all morning on the spool spacer blocks. They are finally finished. With sadness I removed Autumn Joy from the design wall to make room for the saturday sampler so I could layout the sampler blocks in a way pleasing to me. Now that I have it how I like it. I will sew them together and then start on the borders. I might surprise myself and get this all completed today. I’ll keep you posted!